Pippies is a platform for communities to discuss, connect, and share in an open environment, home to some of the most authentic content anywhere online. The nature of this content might be funny, serious, offensive, or anywhere in between. While participating, it’s important to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others so that we all may continue to enjoy Pippies for what it is.
Ownership, Approval and Consent
All posted content must be:
(a) is Poster’s original work;
(b) if it is not the Poster’s original work, the Poster has explicit written approval and consent from the original author to upload the original work on the Pippies.org website.
For full Terms and Conditions relating to the uploading and sharing of content on Pippies.org as a Pippies Poster or Sharer, click here.
While Pippies generally provides a lot of leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these were written, and know that looking for loopholes is a waste of time.
Content is prohibited if it
- Is illegal
- Is involuntary pornography
- Is copied without the written consent and approval to use it on Pippies.
- Is sexual or suggestive content involving minors
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates an individual or entity in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Uses Pippies to solicit or facilitate any transaction or gift involving certain goods and services
- Is spam
In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviors are prohibited on Pippies
- Asking for votes or engaging in vote manipulation
- Breaking Pippies or doing anything that interferes with normal use of Pippies
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace should be tagged as NSFW. This tag can be applied to individual pieces of content or to entire communities.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Adding restrictions to Pippies communities, such as adding NSFW tags or Quarantining
- Removal of content
- Banning of Pippies communities
Moderation within communities
Individual communities on Pippies may have their own rules in addition to ours and their own moderators to enforce them. Pippies provides tools to aid moderators, but does not prescribe their usage.